We can’t wait to see you in-person or via a telemedicine visit! If you’re planning to visit Windom Allergythis spring, make sure you get the most from your appointment by writing down your questions and concerns ahead of time. Let us know if:
- You have any new symptoms or symptoms that are worse than in previous years. Be sure to mention if you experience coughing, difficulty breathing or loss of sleep, as these can be signs of asthma.
- You have missed school or work due to allergy or asthma symptoms. It’s very important that you report any related hospitalizations or visits to the emergency department. We can help you gain better control of your allergies and asthma.
- You are taking any medications, even if they are over-the-counter. This includes any herbal supplements. This information will help us prescribe safe treatments.
You might also want to ask these questions:
- Am I currently on the best treatment plan? With proper treatment, most allergies and asthma can be managed so they do not interfere with life. We know what are the least expensive medications or home remedies, and our goal is always to use the least amount of medicine to make you feel better.
- What steps can I take to avoid allergy symptoms? There may be simple lifestyle changes you can make to prevent reactions.
- What other treatment options are available? This may include allergy shots, allergy drops under the tongue called SLIT, or prescription dissolvable tablets like Odactra.