Halloween is just around the corner! For all of our ghouls and goblins living with food allergy and/or receiving oral immunotherapy (OIT), we’ve conjured up a few tips for a safe and enjoyable Halloween:
- For those receiving food OIT, please be mindful of the 2-hour rest period after your dose and avoid dosing after 8 PM. If this is not possible, it is fine to skip your dose that day and resume normal dosing the following day.
- Don’t let your food-allergic child trick-or-treat alone, and always make sure they carry their autoinjectable epinephrine with them.
- Verify that adults or friends with your child understand his or her food allergies and what to do in an emergency.
- Be cautious of “fun size” candy, which may contain different ingredients than regular size packages
- Politely say no to food that may not be safe, especially homemade items such as cookies and cupcakes.
Read more here → AVOID THE DANGER OF ANAPHYLAXIS THIS HALLOWEEN